Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Maya's school and other highlights of the week

The big news of the week is that Maya did start school last Thursday. It is a long story of how she was admitted, but the fact is that now she is a student at Lakshmi school in Madurai which is the most prestigious, the most elite and selective institution in town. Eial worked very hard to accomplish this, but divine intervention had as much to do with this as our best efforts. What can I say, getting your child into a school you want is like getting elected into an Indian Parliament. Educational institutions are such pillars of society here, you have to respect that. 

The other thing I want to address is that I failed to find any time to blog. I am constantly taking pictures and planning stories in my head, but I simply can not find couple hours of continuous quiet alone time when I could sit down and write. I have a long list of excuses which I am sure you don't want to hear. So much for my big plans of staying at home and regaining some "me" time. It's busy and hectic as it's always been. I guess it's time to adjust my expectations and work with what I have...

Here are some random photos of the week that I wanted to share:

Grinding his teeth while writing his letters. I love the little desk I got for the boys to do their homework on. Only two weeks of daily homework and Raphael has made an incredible progress in writing. Who knew...

Checking out a possible school for Maya

The school is only as good as its playground

Checking out commotion at the emergency room as the ambulance has just pulled in

Maya's first day of school - she is so ready

Mr. Selvakumar gave Maya a present, some chocolates and a motorcycle ride to the bus stop. That's how excited he was for our girl

A worried mother

Maya on her first school bus ride

Doing never ending math homework

I love these headless pictures that the boys take of us whenever they snatch the camera

Yinon is jamming away with Eial's ipod

Homemade rice noodles served with fresh ground coconut milk, all gone...

Blogging away while beating the clock. What will happen first - power outage, kids movie failure, kids biting each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment